Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bye kevin

When I switched on the tv this morning, I saw Australia's now ex-prime minister, Kevin Rudd give his goodbye speech; and I wondered what the heck happened. I have to admit that I don't like politics very much, but I still wanted to know what happened, because I had no clue that such a thing was about to happen. So off to google I went, and found this really good but lengthy article. Ok, what I understood from it, and in very very brief summary was that Rudd made a lot of promises and failed to live up to them.

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2926701.htm

Worth the read if you wanna know what happened.

This line cracks me up. :D
"
Probably the truest words he has ever spoken were in that interview with Barrie Cassidy in February when he confessed he didn't realise the job would be so hard.''

Therefore Australia was given its first female prime minister, Julia Gilliard.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/politics/rudd-government-was-losing-its-his-way-says-new-pm-gillard/story-e6frgczf-1225883730154

No comments:

Post a Comment